Snoop Dogg - "My Peoples"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What's the most surprising thing about this new track, available as a (really loud) stream? The false ending? The track, computer-y and minimal without sounding remotely electro? The accent he uses on the phrase "la costra nostra" near the end? All that, but I have to go with his shout-out of Murs, which is actually less of a shout-out than a demand that Murs be heard--Snoop's version of "If skills sold, truth be told/I'd probably be/Lyrically, Talib Kweli."

(Speaking of hot-ass streams, thanks to my man Peter S. Scholtes for showing me Pittsburgh Reggae, which features on-demand, good-sounding streams of a clutch of recent dancehall stuff. Listen to Ras Maisha's "Learn Fi Read" and any/everything on the page affixed with a "DJ Phinesse Refix." Phinesse's homepage has basically no legible info whatsoever, unless you're one of those numbers-stations fanatics, but does contain an absolutely atomic Baltimore club mix.) Anyone with more info on this guy should throw something in the comments box.)