Things I've learned during the move


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I look at my lack of postage around here as a sabbatical, but I have forsaken my Motown roots (just when the Tigers are getting good again) and transplanted myself right in the downtown area of Middle America...Lexington, Kentucky.

This really isn't conducive to doing an analysis of a song or era, but rather a catalog of things I have stored during the past 24 days on a scrap piece of paper:

1. R&B radio down here is Nelly. And Sean Paul. Old School is Mary J. Blige.
2. There are stores down here selling obscure singles in good condition for $1. Anyone who should be making a trip on I75 soon should consider stopping by. I'll even buy tacos.
3. People down here enjoy Roger Waters' solo work as much as they enjoy his tenure in Pink Floyd. I appreciate this notion, too.
4. Blogging is woefully sparse.
5. There is one club in the area and it's pretty marginal. The big events for the summer were Terry Mullan's house set and a concert by The Pharcyde. Nothing to scoff at I'm sure, but when one is spoiled by free Sa-Ra concerts and techno nightly in Detroit the transition is quite trying at times.
6. New Urban Tribe doesn't even measure up to the old Urban Tribe
7. There is not an art house cinema theater in every large town in the nation.
8. Lexington has no less than 16 Fazoli locations within its city limits.
9. Shake Shakir and Todd Osborn are two of the most underrated DJs in the nation.
10. No one down here has an appreciation of Starpoint.