Different 10 of '06


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Okay, I'll bite. There's a part of me that wants year-end mini-polls for every genre, anyway (a la Nashville Scene's Country Music Critics Poll).

And we're sticking to R&B, right, no hip hop? Okay.

01 Ciara - "Promise"
02 Kirk Franklin - "Looking for You"
03 Beyoncé - "Ring the Alarm"
04 Justin Timberlake featuring T.I. - "My Love"
05 Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z - "Deja Vu"
06 Prince - "Black Sweat"
07 Justin Timberlake - "SexyBack"
08 Mary J. Blige - "Be Without You"
09 Mariah Carey - "Fly Like A Bird"
10 Ne-Yo - "When You're Mad"

Also: Christina Aguilera - "Ain't No Other Man," Chris Brown - "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)," Jamie Foxx featuring Twista - "DJ Play A Love Song," Anthony Hamilton - "Can't Let Go," Janet featuring Nelly - "Call On Me," Ne-Yo - "So Sick," Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell - "Wanna Love You Girl"

Notes:
-Omarion's "Ice Box" and Fantasia's "Hood Boy" are on my '07 list (the same way that MJB's on my '06).
-I know "Wanna Love You Girl" came out in, what, 1994? (Sure seems that way.) But it's on an '06 album - and made an impact on me in '06 - so here it is.
-I didn't include "Promiscuous," but did include "SexyBack." It's a matter of degrees, I guess.

And good Lord, my list feels dull. So major-label, so radio-ready. But this is what I liked in the past year, so it is what it is.